Sunday, March 6, 2011

YaYa goes to the park

Even though Sonia has clearly learned how to say the "s" sound, she still pronounces her name "YaYa". There's something that mystifies her about words that begin with S, but she can say the sound in the middle and at the end of words. At any rate, it's devastatingly adorable, and I'm going to be a little sad when she gets her name's pronunciation straightened out! My other favorite words she mis-pronounces include:

Nommas = Thomas, as in Thomas the Tank Engine.... it almost sounds like she's saying "namaste"

yuts = lunch

Yats = Lance, as in DJ Lance Rock on Yo Gabba Gabba

geeps = grapes

huggy = hungry

The longest sentences that Sosinini has constructed so far are 3 words, and they typically revolve around announcing that someone is consuming some sort of food: "Daddy eat pickles" or "YaYa eat yogurt".

Recently, Sonia has started telling me that not only is "YaYa huggy", but other people and/or toys are "huggy" as well. When we were at the DuPage Children's Museum last week, Sonia told me she was hungry. It wasn't quite time for lunch, so to stall her, I told her we had to change her diaper first. While she was on the changing table, she informed me that Ike (who was at the museum with us) was hungry as well. "Ike huggy," she said, nodding solemnly. Goofball!

On Thursday of this past week, the weather was dry AND in the temperature was in the 40's (which to us felt like a heat wave), so Sonia and I ventured to the park for the first time in 2011. She was in heaven! Sosini climbed on the playground equipment, swung on the swings, and chased squirrels. We lasted almost an hour until we were both getting a little chilly. Get here soon, warm weather!!!



Where did the squirrel go, Mommy?


I see him! I see him!


Come back here, squirrel! I just want to give you a hug!



After I took this picture, I realized that she was excitedly pointing out two teen-aged boys who were riding bikes through the park.


Time to swing on the big-girl swings! Note her filthy jeans.... I should stock up on stain remover in anticipation of spring's arrival!

No comments: