Monday, January 14, 2013

Sonia and The Pigeon (a follow-up)

So, I have THE coolest uncle in the world. Not only is he one of the amazing cartoonists behind the two best comic strips in the entire world, Baby Blues and Zits, but Jerry Scott (my uncle) also happens to be friends with Mo Willems, the genius behind the Pigeon, Knuffle Bunny, Elephant & Piggy, and Cat the Cat books (among others!!).  I did not know of this friendship until Christmas day, when my mom took a picture of Sonia and Charlotte working on their Pigeon activity books and casually mentioned that she was going to e-mail it to Uncle Jerry to see if he thought Mo would get a kick out of it.

WHAT?!?

It was a very Mo Willems Christmas for The Great Sosini.  She received the Pigeon activity book, an Elephant & Piggy book, and one of Mo's newest books, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs.  Then, she obsessed over the Pigeon book for 10 straight days.  I, of course, chronicled this obsession in a blog post (as I am inclined to do), and e-mailed the link to Uncle Jerry to see if he might want to pass it along to Mo.  Today, we received this in the mail:



Somebody pinch me.  There was a time in my life that I might have been starstruck by an autograph from a famous actor or musician.  But now, as a mother who loves watching her daughter get so much joy out of books, the autograph (and sweet message from) a famous children's book author/illustrator/magician has completely knocked my socks off.  Thank you for making my day month year, Mo!!!

And, in case you forgot, I have THE COOLEST UNCLE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you so much, Skunkle Jerry....  This is merely one of the millions of reasons I am glad that you are my mom's little brother.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Absolutely awesome! Way to go, Jerry!