Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Language Explosion!

Sonia's language skills continue to blossom at a rapid pace. She speaks in full (albeit simple) sentences, loves to parrot every word we say, and has a pretty good memory for new phrases and words. Today, I noticed she is starting to use words like "the" and "and". Sosini is fascinated by adjectives and their meanings, and she has been trying her hardest to learn how to use words like "wet", "heavy", "hot", and "cold" correctly.

It thrills me to no end when she asks what something is called.... Tonight, I gave her a fig newton for the first time in 6 months or so, and she asked, "Muffin, Mommy?" When I told her it was called a fig newton, she repeated that back to me and then to herself several more times.

Along with her language explosion has come a goofiness explosion. My little chef was happily wearing the chef's hat that Grandma JoJo & Grandpa Spike got her for Christmas, and when I put on her coat and told her we were going to the store, she told me she wanted to keep her hat on.


Sonia, you can wear your chef's hat to the store, but you have to leave your oven mitts here.


Have I mentioned that she gives a very good stink eye?

No comments: