Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Even though it's only 5pm, I am already declaring this Mother's Day to be a fabulous one!  Andrew, Sonia, and I have had a lovely day so far, and it's only going to get better-- right now, Andrew is outside, grilling us bone-in rib-eye steaks, portabella mushrooms, and potatoes.  Sonia and I are watching Yo Gabba Gabba, which we both love.  I'm telling you, this has been a great day.

This morning, we went to downtown Naperville and hung out on the riverwalk.


Sonia and I love tulips!


We let Sonia feed the ducks a few Cheerios before we noticed the "DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE" sign.  Whoops!


Then, we breezed through Eddie Bauer, where I bought some fun summer clothes.  Afterward, we went to Jimmy's Grill for lunch-- SO YUMMY!  We have been meaning to go there for 5 years now, but it always looked too busy.  Luckily, our toddler's eating schedule allows us to eat on the early side and avoid crowds.  Sonia gave me a lovely Mother's Day present by not only sleeping in until 6am but also by taking a one hour 40 minute nap.  Thank you, Sissy!!  Andrew and I also napped, which was wonderful.

After family nap time, I tried to go to the arboretum to spend a little time at Zach's tree (the little guy who first made me a mother!), but the line of cars to get into the arboretum was insanely long, so I decided to celebrate Mother's Day with him another time.  And now, I can smell dinner cooking.  What a great day!  Thank you, Andrew and Sonia. I love you!

1 comment:

JLo said...

I love that shot of you and Sonia together.