Monday, February 6, 2012

Jibber Jabber


I love how oddly toddlers pronounce words as they are learning to navigate the verbal world....  Sonia talks constantly from morning until night, and every once in a while, I have to take a moment to giggle to myself when I hear a particularly funny-sounding word.  As with most toddlers, Sosini pronounces her "R"s more like "W"s, but the funniest words that she says are the ones where she mixes up the letters.  Too bad The Great Sosini clams up when I whip out the video camera..... I haven't yet been able to get a good video of her verbal stylings.  For now, here is a short list of some of our favorite Sonia-isms:

ambliance (ambulance)

banklet (blanket)

sipperly (slippery)

aminal (animal) ==> that one is a classic!

soopcase (suitcase)

peeschool (preschool)

I am definitely forgetting some of Sonia's funniest mispronunciations, but I can never think of them all at one time.  She's also getting to the point where she's busting out with phrases that crack us up, like "Goodness gracious!" and "I knew that....".  Oh, Sosini.  You're such a cuckoo kid!


No comments: