Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Speechless


This morning, Sonia rendered me temporarily speechless with her antics.  Let me just narrate what happened between 6:15am and 6:45am to explain why.  At 6:15am, I heard Sonia start saying, "Mommeeeeeeeee, I'm awaaaaaaaaaaaaake!" I marched into Sonia's room, gave her a good morning kiss, and told her that it was too early to wake up.  I pointed to her digital alarm clock and told her she had to stay in her room until the first number (which was currently a 6) turned into a 7.  I also told her that she could turn on her light (she can juuuuuuust reach the light switch by standing on her tippy-toes).

Over the monitor, I listened to her chatting, singing, and banging around until 6:23am, when things got very quiet for about 10 minutes.  I didn't think she had gone back to sleep, because I could hear quiet sounds of movement every once in a while.  Around 6:35, she started chatting again.  At 6:40, Sonia started a 5-minute-long campaign of shouting into the monitor, "Mommeeeee, please help me put on my sock!  My sock!  Help me!  Put on my sock!  Mommeeeeeeeeeee!"  At 6:45, my curiosity got the best of me, and I got up to see what was going on.  As far as I can tell, here's how Sonia had spent that half hour:

- Turned on her light.

- Stripped from the waist down (taking off her pull-up and her pants).

- Dug around in her closet for underwear and pants.

- Put on one pair of underwear and then promptly wet herself.

- Took off the underwear, sat down on her little froggy potty, and went pee some more.  Wiped herself.

- Put on dry pair of underwear (inside-out).

- Tried on a pair of purple pants, then rejected them.

- Tried on a pair of pink pants, then rejected them.

- Put on a pair of skinny jean leggings (aka "jeggings") (the right way!), and decided she looked good.

- Sat down in her rocking chair, and put on one rainbow Elmo sock (backwards).

- Tried to put on her other sock and failed.  Started yelling into the monitor for help.

Before now, Sonia has showed only fleeting interest in undressing and dressing herself.  She still can't figure out how to take off and put on tops, but it seems that she has mastered underwear and pants.  Socks are still a bit tricky, apparently.  Also, she has mostly played like she is helpless when it comes to going to the potty-- I know she can pull down her pants and underwear, but she usually refuses to do so and preys on my fear that she will wet herself to make me be the one to pull her pants down.

Ohhhhhhh, Sonia.

2 comments:

Niki said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Reconstructing that series of events must have been hilarious to do. You're like Mommy CSI. Sosi's getting to be such a big girl!!

Anonymous said...

She did more in that short time than I did all day! GJJ