Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back from AZ and a flood of emotions/water

It's been killing me not to mention on this blog that we had been gearing up for Sonia's first plane flight on July 17th, but our destination was a surprise 80th birthday party for my fabulous Grandma Jane (my dad's mother), and she's a loyal blog reader. But now that we're back, I can post all I want! I should see if I can find the time to type in the list of things that I packed for Sonia. I came up with the list over the course of several nights during nocturnal feedings, and it's huge! We used almost every single thing, too. Traveling light (which I have always considered one of my talents) is a thing of the past.

It will take me a while to post all of the stories and pictures that deserve to be shared, so I'm going to have to do it in little chunks.

First, here are some hilarious pictures of my maternal grandmother, Peggy Scott (aka "Meem"), meeting Sonia for the first time:






More to come when Sonia has her next nap time!

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm so glad you got those shots -- the only one I have of Meem holding Sosini is when Sosini decided she needed to scream in order to get her way about something or other. Meem makes the best faces for babies. I bet only a dog with supersonic hearing would have understood what Meem was saying to Sosi.