Friday, September 11, 2009

Weaning the kid off of the swaddle

We're starting the process of weaning Sonia off of being swaddled when she sleeps.... I started small by swaddling her with one arm out during one or two naps per day. That seemed to work pretty well, so I tried out a sleep sack ("wearable blanket") yesterday. Success!! The nap was just as long as it normally is. I'm still so desperate for sleep that I'm not willing to try it at night yet-- I'll wait until she has some more napping success with her sleep sacks. But I'm encouraged! Today, she took another nap in a sleep sack, and she slept great. I snuck in her room and took this picture-- it was pretty dark in there, but the shutter stayed open long enough to take a decent picture. It was hard to stay still, so the picture is a bit blurry-- sorry about that!

No comments: