Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bits and bobs (plus a kooky picture)

Sonia is so in love with Yo Gabba Gabba (her favorite Nick Jr. television show) that she begs to either watch it or listen to the soundtrack all day long. Yes, I downloaded both albums of music.... I like it almost as much as Sonia does! Andrew and I bought Sonia a "Brobee" (one of the characters) pillow-sized plush toy, and it is her new best friend. She calls him "Bee-Bee" and carries him all over the house.

Lately, Sonia is obsessed with trying to put her winter coat on all by herself, but it always ends up upside-down, backwards, or both. It's so cute!

The Great Sosini is going through a massive language explosion right now. She often repeats the last word of whatever sentence I just said, and she's desperately trying to string words together. Yesterday while she was taking a bath, she was singing two of her favorite Yo Gabba Gabba songs in a fairly recognizable manner.

Sonia can now say most of all her friends' names, along with their moms' names as well. I tried to teach her to say our last name, but it came out a bit like "hockey". Poor kid-- it's going to be a bit harder to learn how to spell than Evans was for me...

Last week, we went to the DuPage Children's Museum, and I took this picture of Sonia jumping while playing in the wind tunnel. She put the goggles on all by herself with no prompting from me! This picture cracks me up.


3 comments:

Four Lease Ranch said...

Wahahaha! That picture cracks me up!

JLo said...

She's growing up so fast now!

Julie said...

Ahhh...the language explosion...that is so much fun ;0) I was trying to teach Ethan Steinbuchel the other day - he had no interest ;0)