Thursday, January 13, 2011

20 months old: a state of the baby address

Whoa! 20 months!! Andrew and I are on the downhill slide toward being the parents of a 2 year old. How did this happen? Sonia has been busy busy busy for the past month, so time has seemed to be flying by. She is a complete and utter goofball who makes me laugh far more than I ever would have imagined back before I was a parent.... Tonight, she "helped" me cook by standing on a chair next to me and stirring ice cubes (a la Charlotte).



I apologize if anything in this post doesn't make sense, but Sonia is in a bit of a sleep regression at the moment, and I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep. This morning, she woke up-- for the day-- at 3:45am. Wha-wha-WHAT?!? I mean, seriously. If this is from teething, I'm ready to throw in the towel and cry uncle. Tooth #16 just popped through, so I hope once these stupid canine teeth finish erupting, we get a bit of a break before her next set of molars come in.



Sosini is getting awfully snuggly and fun to cuddle lately.... This is a far cry from when she was an infant and was much happier laying on her play mat than being held by her parents (excuse me while I remove the knife from my back, right?). When she watches television (either Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, or Wonder Pets), she loves to settle into her little kid-sized arm chair and have me lay her fleece ladybug blanket (hand-crafted by the sewing genius, my Aunt Janet) across her lap. We play "night-night" so much (which involves putting little blankets either on her or her stuffed animals & dolls) that Sonia thinks blankets are actually called "night-nights". Silly goose!



Sosi is growing at a steady pace.... She's now in 2T tops and 24 month bottoms. Her hair continues to thicken, and I'm thinking she might be outgrowing her size 6 shoes. She's still a fairly good eater, though she's got the typical toddler pickiness problems.


Now if we could only get her sleep completely straightened out....

No comments: