Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving (part 1)

We had a criminal amount of fun in Texas during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend-- but what else can you expect from getting Charlotte, Sonia, and Peter together?  Of course we endured the typical toy tussles, random toddler crabbiness, the attack of a tummy bug, and travel-related sleep issues, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Here are a few highlights from the first part of the visit:

I still get a kick out of watching Sonia happily pull her Thomas suitcase through the airport!

Watching a dvd on the airplane while clutching her beloved Brobee:

Finally in Texas-- cousin convention!  My parents' gently sloping driveway was perfect for riding bikes and, oddly enough, pushing lawnmowers.

Swinging on the porch swing that my grandfather made is always a big hit with the kids!

Bestest buddies!

My mom had a bunch of cool gourds displayed on the table, and they became some of the kids' favorite toys this holiday.

Sonia's first experience on a big wheel....  Her legs need to get just a teeny bit longer!

Andrew, I think Petey's tricycle is a wee bit too small for you!

Helping Grandma JoJo out with the gardening:

My mom had her Christmas tree up already, and we thought it was funny to see the kids in bathing suits (we were about to go for a swim in the hot tub) standing in front of it. 

Pizza-Pie and two of his favorite things: Grandpa "Bike" and a pillow pet (AKA a "bubba"):

A rousing game of ring-around-the-rosie while we were waiting for Andrew to finish up cooking Thanksgiving dinner:

Oh, Charbunkle!

The feast!  Andrew cooked about 80% and my mom cooked the other 20%.  Thank you so much for a really, really yummy Thanksgiving dinner, you two!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks amazing! What a fun thanksgiving!