Thursday, November 3, 2011

Visit from Grandma JoJo & Grandpa Spike (part 2)

This past Friday, we crammed my dad, my mom, me, luggage, a box of party supplies, and a huge box of hand-me-down clothes into my Jetta SportWagen and headed down to Bloomington, IN, for the weekend.  Our goals were clear:


1) Visit my cousin, Abbey, who is halfway through her first semester at IU, and make sure she's alive, well, and thriving.





2) Meet up with my sister and her family to give the kids a chance to run around like wackos together, tailgating with the aforementioned people, my great-aunt Bev, my great-uncle Leo, and two of my mom's cousins.







3) Go to the IU-Northwestern football game to cheer on Abbey's school (IU) and my mom's cousin's son, Brandon, who is the punter for Northwestern.




4) Visit Brown County to see the beautiful fall color and have dinner at the Abe Martin Lodge.






Mission accomplished!!  Check out my sister's blog for more pictures from our weekend.  We had such a fun time....  Thank you so much, Corey & Niki, for organizing such a fantastic and memorable weekend!

It is impossible to describe how much Sonia, Charlotte, and Peter love hanging out with each other....  Those three are such cuckoo little monkeys when they are together.  We can't wait to see them again at Thanksgiving!

More pictures from Grandma JoJo & Grandpa Spike's visit to come....

No comments: