Friday, September 14, 2012

Fort Wayne trip, part 2

After the park, we went to Kevin, Amanda, & Anthony's house to await the arrival of more members of the 3rd & 4th generation of the Hornbaker/Lowe clan.  Kevin's little brother, Ryan, wasn't able to come join our little party, but Brittany (Ryan's wife) and Brendan (Ryan's 2-month-old son) drove in to see us.  Thank you again, Brittany!!!!  You are so awesome.

While Anthony napped, Sonia soaked herself at his water table, so she changed clothes before getting comfy in Anthony's easy chair.


Grandma Sue loves her grandchildren!


Brendan is such a snuggle bug!!!  So handsome....


Sonia loved jumping on Anthony's trampoline and playing in his cardboard house.


Uncle Kevin loves to snuggle his little nephew!


When it was time to say goodbye, Anthony and Sonia happily hugged each other and posed for the cameras pointed in their direction (well, everyone's cameras except for mine... oops...)



I can't tell you how happy I am that my pseudo-cousins, Kevin and Ryan, married such fabulous women.  Amanda and Brittany are welcome additions to our two-family love affair.  I can't believe I failed to get a good picture of either one of those ladies or their coolio father-in-law, Greg.  We were too busy cooing over the cuteness of the 4th generation to point the cameras at the grownups.

Speaking of the 4th generation....  This past spring, Kevin and Amanda added a daughter, Adrienne, to their family, but we lost her to a birth defect at only one month old.  Losing a grandchild was never something that my mom and her life-long best friend, Sue, thought they would ever have in common, but I am glad they are able to comfort each other.  I am not religious, but if there is a heaven, I would hope that Zach and Adrienne are best buddies just like their siblings here on earth.  Kevin and Amanda are strong people, and I am so impressed with the grace with which they handled their tragic loss.  It was very cathartic to discuss our lost children, and I will forever link my Zach with their Adrienne in my memories.

Hornbaker/Lowes, you are some of my favorite people in the whole wide world!  Thank you for being so awesome and showing us a great time back in June!

No comments: