Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lucky niece!

Sonia's Auntie Niki, in her quest to attain craft-goddess status along with my Aunt Janet (whose creations have been mentioned on this blog numerous times), recently sewed Sonia, Charlotte, and her other niece, Maisie, some gorgeous circle skirts.  Sonia was the lucky recipient of a fantastic blue poodle skirt and a beautiful flowered skirt.  I tell you, the day that Sonia wore her poodle skirt to school, we couldn't walk 5 feet without someone gushing about how adorable The Great Sosini looked!  Unfortunately, I didn't get my act together to take a picture of her in the poodle skirt, but I will rectify that the next time she wears it.  Charlotte wore one of her circle skirts on her first day of preschool this year (see Niki's blog for some ridiculously cute pictures), and Sonia wore her flowered skirt to her preschool a couple of weeks ago.  This time, I remembered to get out the camera:


Sonia couldn't stop dancing!


Grooving to her own beat....


You have to love a girl in a beautiful circle skirt AND cool Cars movie tattoos.

Thank you, Niki, for all that fabulous home-sewn items that you have made us!  Sonia worships her table tent, camera case, dance shoes bag, car tote bag, pool stuff tote bag, flowered circle skirt, long flowered skirt, poodle skirt, and curtains.  I absolutely LOVE the purse and little makeup bag you just made me out of an old pair of jeans and some cool fabric you had on hand....  They are so ridiculously awesome.  We use the snuggly blankets you have crocheted us far more than we should (they are getting to look "well-loved"!). Even after typing this long list, I know there are several hand-made gifts from you that I am forgetting to mention! I officially nominate you for craft-goddess status.  Oh, and best sister EVER status, too.

No comments: