Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our new life!

After my mother took off for home (we miss you a TON, Ma!), Sonia, Andrew, and I had to figure out what in the world to do next. For Andrew, it was pretty clear-- he had to work from home. I ended up puttering around the house and getting little projects done while beautiful Sosi practiced sleeping on her own. What a quick learner she is!! I even got so confident that I set up the video monitor (which RULES!) and I ventured two whole floors away from her for a few minutes at a time. And Sonia's not even a week old yet....

Sosi and I are still navigating the sometimes treacherous waters of breastfeeding. Thanks to a lot of support, we're still at it, but it hasn't been smooth sailing. I will accept any and all words of advice and stories of people's own difficulties with breastfeeding so I don't feel like such a moron!

Monday night, before my mom left, she and I gave Sonia her first sponge bath. She used a really beautiful and luxurious towel that Andrew's sweet co-worker sent us as a present. Sosi wasn't a huge fan of the sponge bath, but I assured her that she'll love baths a whole lot more in the future.



Also on Monday, my fabulous friend, Jodi, stopped by to meet Sosi and breathe in some of that newborn goodness. Her own two handsome sons are 4 and 1-- potential future boyfriends?!?

4 comments:

Joslyne said...

You are getting projects done around the house? PROJECTS??????? Seriously?!?!?! Whoa. You are SUPER MOM. I'm glad you all are doing so well. :)

Jodi - aka Crazy Vizsla Lady said...

Okay, that is a great photo! I need to bug you for a copy of it :) I can still smell that amazing newborn smell.... *sigh*

Hugs to you and Drew Dawg! You guys are fantastic parents and Sosi is lucky to have you :)

JLo said...

I hope that by projects you mean folding laundry and making grilled cheese! Nothing more strenuous than that for you young lady!

ErinM said...

Yeah, by "projects" I meant hanging up a few onesies in Sosi's closet and doing one load of laundry. It felt like a huge accomplishment!