Thursday, May 14, 2009

Second day of life

Sonia's second day of life is going smashingly from what I hear! The pediatrician raved about what a perfect little baby she is, and she received her first non-family visitor. Erin's buddy of 14 years (I just calculated that in my head and my mouth actually fell open when I realized how long they had known each other!), Emily, stopped by to coo over sweet Sonia. I hear there were some photos taken of the visit, but I have yet to see them (hint, hint).

If all goes well, Miss Sonia should be headed home to meet Margie and Bobo the cats tomorrow. My parents brought home a hat Sonia had worn to see what the cats thought of her smell, but apparently they sniffed it a little and then ignored it. I don't think their little pea brains can comprehend quite what that smell means -- demotion down the food chain, but also that their beloved mommy will be staying home with them all day for the next year! Once they figure out that Mommy will be hanging out on the couch with the baby for hours on end (providing ample schnuggling time under afghans), they will learn to love the new little critter.

No comments: