Friday, November 6, 2009

Margie Cat questions my sanity

The other day, I briefly lost my mind and agreed to babysit a 12 week old baby for three and a half hours.... I did okay, but taking care of 5 1/2 month old Sosi and 12 week old Valerie (daughter of my old ND clarinet buddy, Sandra) at the same time was really, really stressful!! There were a couple of times when both girls were crying at the same time, and I thought my head was going to explode. My mom said that twins are actually easier to take care of because they are at the same stage developmentally. Anyway, I don't think I'll be babysitting any more babies (less than walking age, that is) until Sonia gets a little older. I was definitely not cut out to be a daycare provider!

During a nice time where both girls were happy and playing, I took this picture. Marge seems to be saying, "ARE YOU INSANE?!?" Yes, Marge, yes I am.


3 comments:

JLo said...

Don't worry you have at least 6 more months before I come knocking!

Niki said...

I still think mothers of multiples have some sort of tolerance-boosting drug that they take in order to deal with the chaos...

Joslyne said...

I love Margie! She is a smarty-pants!!