Sunday, December 13, 2009

Seven Months Young: A State of the Baby Address

Sonia is seven months old today! Andrew and I love our goofy little Sosini.... Yesterday, Andrew and Sonia were playing on a blanket while I was baking Christmas cookies, and I had to keep running over to watch because Andrew was making her laugh hysterically. Little baby giggles could help usher in world peace if we could somehow employ them effectively!



The State of the Baby Address:
  • Sosi is now sitting up very well. As long as I leave a pillow or two behind/around her, I can actually walk away for a minute and leave her sitting up, playing with her toys. If she falls backwards or sideways onto the pillow, she usually rolls over onto the ground on her front, plays for a bit, and then rolls right over to her back. She's so proud of herself at that point that she excitedly kicks her legs, waves her arms, and squeals. It's so funny!

  • Her most recent developmental milestone is rolling from her back to her front. It takes a bunch of effort, but she can do it! I still need to see if I can capture it on our Flip video. Sonia doesn't mind tummy time as much anymore, which is good, because she's starting to make little moves toward learning to crawl. She can hold herself up in a plank position for a few seconds, and she pulls her knees up under her every once in a while. Time to start childproofing the house!


  • During her last bath, Sonia discovered the joys of splashing. I'm definitely going to try to capture that on video!! I know I won't find it funny for long....

  • Sonia has also recently become Grabby McGrabberson. She grabs at everything-- my hair, my face, the cats, my drink, the veggies I'm trying to feed her, her toys (only if my cell phone is out of reach), did I mention the cats?.... Bobo and Margie still haven't realized that the grabby phase has begun (I hear this phase typically continues well into the teens!), so they still place themselves in harm's way all the time. Soon they will start keeping their distance, which is going to be so sad!!! If you maximize the size of this picture, you can see Margie and Bobo in the upper left-hand corner both inexplicably heading toward the danger zone....

6 comments:

Joslyne said...

um . . . LOVE the pink stripes. Again, she is soooooo adorable. And I like your idea for world peace.

JLo said...

That is the cutest outfit. Please tell me a boy can wear it!

ErinM said...

Never fear, JLo-- Old Navy has got your back! Baby Boy Longworth won't need it for the first 6 months that he's alive, but this time next year, he can totally rock the one-piece sweater with a hood!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6177&vid=1&pid=694762&scid=694762022

JLo said...

It's so funny that he will be exactly the same age this time next year as Sosi is right now!

Valerie said...

That is quite the hand mouth coordination she has there! Rose tries her hardest to put everything into her mouth but it just doesn't work all the time. Happy 7 months Sonia!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Sonia! You have so much to teach Peter!

Uncle Corey