Friday, October 2, 2009

The Incident

Poor Andrew-- his daddy confidence was shaken just a tiny bit on Sunday. As I was carrying Sonia out of the Basilica in my arms, Andrew wheeled out the empty car seat/carrier thingy on top of its stroller attachment. Because Sonia wasn't in the carrier, it wasn't strapped completely to the stroller. When Andrew decided he didn't need any help getting the contraption down the three steps, the carseat went tumbling to the ground. All of our friends and relatives started laughing hysterically, and what made it even funnier is the shocked and horrified looks on the faces of some passersby.... They probably thought there was a baby in that carrier! Luckily, my mom caught the aftermath on camera.


Then, when Andrew was trying to get the carrier back onto the stroller, the stroller went crashing to the ground again because Sonia's diaper bag was clipped to the handle. Without the counterbalancing weight of the carrier, the stroller can't stay upright when the diaper bag is attached. What is a poor, frazzled daddy to do?!?

According to the time stamp on the files, these next two pictures were taken 3 minutes later, and awesomely enough, you can see Gonzo continuing to laugh at Andrew in the background over my left shoulder.

2 comments:

Niki said...

THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!! We all agreed that God must have already been looking over the Great Sosini because he made sure she wasn't in the stroller when The Incident occurred. I'm still giggling over The Incident. I'm annoyed I didn't get any better photos of everyone's reactions.

Joslyne said...

Bwahahahaha! Too funny. Andrew is an awesome dad -- after all, Sosi wasn't in the stroller. I mean, I've never known ANYONE who would let a stroller with a baby, or even a toddler, tip over. Um . . . except maybe me and you sister.